Nelson Mandela said
“”Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
The Eleventh Annual ASER (Annual Status of Education Report) for the year 2016 shows that
- Almost 60% of Class III cannot read Class I level text
- 1 out of every 4 children enrolled in Class VIII cannot read Class II level
- 24.5% of children enrolled in class V and 45.2% of class VIII could read simple English sentences
- Of those who can read words roughly 60% could explain the meanings of the words read
- Less than 30% of class III children could do a 2-digit subtraction
- The proportion of class VIII students who could correctly do a 3-digit by 1-digit division problem was 43.3%
These statistics clearly show that there is a need to improve the quality of education in the India Schooling system. Some of these improvements have nothing to do with the standard of schools and are just a question of timing and priorities. Continuous Improvement is a requirement of the day for any field. This can be achieved by a bit of training and a lot of practice.
Potter’s Wheel Education services provides training to 2 of the most important participants in the field of schooling
- Students: One of the biggest problems facing the schools today is the imparting of “Life Skills” to students. This is the area being addressed by the “Potter’s Wheel Leadership Club“.
- Teachers: As in every profession, this fast moving and ever changing world makes demands of change and improvement from our Teachers. In fact Teacher Development has been flagged as one of the most important ways to change any education system. Potter’s Wheel offers a wide range of Teacher Training Programs to schools.