Dr Abdul Kalam said
“Let me define a Leader. He must have Vision and Passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with Integrity”
WHO has defined Life Skills as "Life skills are abilities for adaptive and positive behaviour, that enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life."
It has also defined the core skills that need to be at the heart of any skills-based initiatives
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Creative thinking
- Critical thinking
- Effective communication
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Coping with emotions
- Coping with stress
The National Curriculum Framework has adopted the same as part of its curriculum.
What is Potter's Wheel Leadership Club?
- A Year- Long activity to develop Life and Mental Skills required for the future Leaders of our Country
- Based on Dr Abdul Kalam's dream for the development of the country
- Involves both Classroom Training and Actual Life Experiences to learn these skills
- Spread across schools in all states across the country
- Social credits based certification program for the students.
Potter’s Wheel Leadership Curriculum Philosophy
- Based on the National Curriculum Framework for Life Skills
- Includes the UNICEF charter Children’s Rights and Learnings
- Includes an understanding and working on the Millennium Development goals as set by UN.
- Development of a deep respect and understanding of Indian Culture and Heritage
- Not just classroom training, but also real life activities tied to the age group and skill development
- Awarding of Social Credits based on level of participation and impact created by each student across various activities and trainings.
What is in it for Students?
- A unique and experiential way of learning Life Skills
- Social Credits Certificate which help in future academic pursuits
- Development of both team and competitive spirit
- Development of a social awareness making them better citizens of the World
- Become part of a Nationwide club which will help build relations and friends in all parts of the country.
Let us make Dr. Kalam's dream come true
Contact Us if you want to implement it @your school